The Mad River Gorge Guidebook

I discovered the Mad River Gorge in Dayton, OH from my brother. From Cincinnati it is only about 1.5 hours away, making it a perfect half/full day trip. Not bad for when I'm not committed to making the 2 hour drive to the Red River Gorge. The best part is the almost lack of an approach. I can be climbing within 2 hours of leaving my house. The Red takes 2 hours to Miguels, then another ~15mins to get to the crag parking lot, then another ~15mins to walk to the wall. This ease has made me really dig this place.


Left: Entrance Sign

Right: Parking lot, the trail down to the cliff is right behind the sign





Unfortunately, the old guidebook was published back in 2013 so I decided to make my own. I've attached a permanent link to the guidebook I made. Its formatted for general printing for a letter sized PDF. I'll update the guidebook as I get to it, but for now enjoy the convenience and please let me know how I can improve it!



Updated 4/2/18

Comments

Popular Posts